Ward Allen Rheims and the KJB

General discussions (Registered users only)
Topics: KJB, Bible prophecy, Pentecostalism, etc.

Ward Allen Rheims and the KJB

Postby GRD » 18 Aug 2014, 06:03

On another board, one poster stated that according to Ward Allen the KJB translators were using Rheims.
I've searched and found some info; I just don't know how much is factual. Is there anyplace I can get more info on this?
The KJB preface seems to indicate that their adversary's incomplete bible was not considered holy; that seems about as far as I can go. But I know nothing of Ward Allen; is he reliable?
GRD
seasoned
seasoned

Re: Ward Allen Rheims and the KJB

Postby bibleprotector » 18 Aug 2014, 22:07

Ward Allen is a scholar who supports the most revisionary views on the KJB. Of course the KJB men had knowledge of the Rheims, but when you see the spirit behind the attack on the KJB is to undermine it as much as possible, then you understand that the motivations of such men will be to make the KJB seem as bad as possible. Ward Allen's focus is on the works of the translators themselves, draft documents, and so on, to attempt to understand in merely human terms the KJB, as though it was just the work of men. That the KJB translators took a few words from the Romanists is not unlikely, but that is hardly proof that the KJB was Romanish, any more than the Textus Receptus was made by Erasmus with information with Romanish influences.
Site Admin

Postby GRD » 19 Aug 2014, 03:05

Thanks; so basically those posters are opportunists. No reason for me to chase that red herring.
GRD
seasoned
seasoned

Postby asad12345 » 13 Oct 2014, 14:23

Ward Allen is a scholar who supports the most revisionary views on the KJB. Of course the KJB men had knowledge of the Rheims, but when you see the spirit behind :lol: :o
shafiq
asad12345
newly pressed
newly pressed

Return to General