Jots and tittles

King James Bible information (Moderators only)

Jots and tittles

Postby bibleprotector » 26 May 2014, 22:48

The jots and tittles argument regarding the King James Bible version-text and translation, as well as particularly the presentation is entirely valid.

The law is made up of words, the exact order and existence of words defines every law:

"to keep all the words of this law" (Deut. 17:19).

The words are all in written and print form:

"thou shalt write upon them all the words of this law" (Deut. 27:3).

The words are all very plainly manifest, that each word should be present, none missing, none added, exactly to the jot and tittle plain in print:

"thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly" (Deut. 27:8).

We cannot obey a law which we do not have exactly, or do not know or acknowledge exactly, which means that it must be present totally and utterly:

"Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them." (Deut. 27:26).

Every single word is written in a book, meaning that the King James Bible is a book that has the exact law in it too:

"If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book" (Deut. 28:58).

Note that the very same law which is manifest and revealed in the days of Moses should be manifest today, exactly, that we may know the exact words of the law today, to the jot and to the tittle:

"but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law." (Deut. 29:29).

We can observe one set of words as law, to have all the words presented correctly and clearly:

"observe to do all the words of this law" (Deut. 32:12).

The Word is in finite form, which means that every jot and tittle may be presented correctly in one place:

"And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished" (Deut. 31:24).

It comes down to a decision to believe that we today have the exact words of God correct to the jot and tittle in the King James Bible, and to understand that we have an exact presentation of the words:

"Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your children to observe to do, all the words of this law." (Deut. 32:46).

Now, some people might have the excuse that the Old Testament is no longer for the Church today, etc., but this is not what Christ indicated.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." (Matt. 5:17).

Fulfilling means that the very particular details must be fulfilled, therefore, ultimatly the very particular correct jots and tittles of the presentation must be showing the exact truth.

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." (Matthew 5:18).

Every jot and tittle themselves must be fulfilled, and that means that people should acknowledge what are the correct jots and tittles. Therefore, if what is being fulfilled is based on the very accuracy of the smallest part, we should want even the typesetting to be correct in our Bibles now.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." (Matt. 5:19).

It can be that arguing for other words rather than the pure words of God could actually be breaking "one of these least commandments". To say that "flieth" or "fleeth" does not matter does affect one of the very least commandments, for what is the cankerworm of Nahum 3:16 then to obey? Does the cankerworm (a worm is a very small thing according to Scripture) flee or does it fly?

Christ Himself links zealousness for His Word with greatness in His kingdom. It is evident that the case for the purity of presentation of a Scofield edition is inferior to the case for the purity of the presentation of the Pure Cambridge Edition. The PCE argument is Scripturally consistant with numerous verses, such as Matt. 5:18.

Very importantly, James 2:10 states, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." This is a New Testament statement, showing that we should not offend so much as one POINT of the law, meaning that our actions and beings should conform by Christ to the very jots and tittles of the Word of God, and that we should be able to have knowledge by inquiry what those jots and tittles exactly are. We can say that we may gain knowledge of every particular point, jot, tittle and word of the law when we receive that God has supplied it in the King James Bible, and note the presentation of it wholly and utterly and properly in the Pure Cambridge Edition now.

Now, the law says, "For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off." (Exodus 23:23). I am sure that the law says, "and the Hivites". That is why the presentation is important.

“And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.” (Hab. 2:2).
Site Admin

Return to King James Bible