JEHOVAH

King James Bible information (Moderators only)

JEHOVAH

Postby bibleprotector » 27 May 2014, 17:32

What is God's name?

"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?" (Proverbs 30:4).

Two questions: what is God's name and what is His Son's name?

To find the answer we look in the pure Word.

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." (Proverbs 30:5).

And the Pure Word shows us that God's name is JEHOVAH.

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6:3).

"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." (Psalm 83:18).

Also, we know that the Son of God is JESUS, which means Jehovah saves.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21).

You have to know that name to get salvation.

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13).

The modernists attack the name of Jehovah, saying it is wrong, producing the letters YHWH and the name YAHWEH

This is based upon pride, Jewish fables and devilish ideas.

According to Jewish fables, the name of God could not be mentioned out of so-called reverence, fear of blaspheming the name, and a superstitious fear of their enemies invoking the name of that god in battle, but it is plain that the Scripture does not make the name of God ineffable or unmentionable:

Another Jewish fable is that this god YHWH or Yahweh means “self existent one” and is pronounced by exhaling air or breath. Furthermore, they claim that this Yahweh is an awesome presence. It should be clear that Yahweh is a very different deity to the personal God of the true believing Hebrews in the Old Testament who is the same as the God of the Christian King James Bible.

"And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali. For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name." (Hosea 2:16, 17).

Since the sinners, including the Israelites on many occasions, turned to Baal, this “Ishi”, would be a wrong name to call our God. But liberal theologians, freemasons and anthropologists say that Moses adopted a local partisan tribal god, a Canaanite mountain god, and made him the God of Israel. They might say that Moses invented our God from Baal.

In the time of the Church fathers, after the death of the Apostle John, certain heretics (such as Gnostics) mixed Christianity with pagan religions. They tried to make the Christian God equal to a pagan God. Thus, in their writings we find references to IAOAI, IAOE and IAO, etc.

Yet the Masoretic Hebrew, and the English Bible all preserved the proper name of God as JEHOVAH.

By 1869 the modernists had come up with a theory that changed the name of God to the name of a Babylonian god called Yahu.

This is how they changed JEHOVAH to be the Babylonian god YAHU.

1. They claimed that the pronunciation of the letter “J” (as is found throughout the Bible) was really the sound “y”. In the making of modern Hebrew (which was constructed by the Zionist movement, especially between about 1882 and about the year 1900), the sound of “j” was not given. Likewise, the sound of the letter “v” was changed to a “w” sound. So in modern Hebrew, instead of JHVH there was YHWH.

2. Secondly, the modernists claimed, along with certain Hebrew teachers, that a different set of vowels should be used, so instead of the vowels of JEHOVAH, another set of vowel sounds should be used, which turned JEHOVAH to YAHWEH. Of course, YAHWEH is really a variety of the Babylonian name of the Chaldean god YAHU.

3. Thirdly, using the writings of certain heretics, Jewish tradition, modernist thought, liberal theology and the Roman Catholic-backed Kabbala (Jewish magic), certain German modern scholars began to promote the idea that the real name was “Yahweh”.

Modern versions, which attack the King James Bible, agree that YHWH or Yahweh is correct because it is probably correct:

The NIV Preface uses the letters YHWH and speaks of ‘linguistic studies in this [last] century’.

The Preface to the New American Standard Bible says, ‘It has been known for many years YHWH has been transliterated Yahweh, however, not complete certainty attaches to this pronunciation’.

The Thomas Nelson publishing company in the New Open Study Bible state: ‘It is very likely that the name was pronounced very much like “Yahweh.” Comparisons with transliterations of the name into other alphabets from very ancient times confirm this. The best argument for the spelling is that it is probably historically accurate.’

In reality, the word “YAHWEH” appears in English in 1869, long after the word “JEHOVAH”, which is correct in the King James Bible.

The name of Jehovah is to be blessed (Psalm 103:1), praised (Psalm 142:7), declared (John 17:26) and held to (Rev. 2:13). Further, it is an eternal name (Psalm 135:13), whereby help is obtained (Psalm 124:8).

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." (Isaiah 12:2).

"Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength" (Isaiah 26:4).
Site Admin

Return to King James Bible