Some builded/built discussions

King James Bible information (Moderators only)

Some builded/built discussions

Postby bibleprotector » 27 May 2014, 18:07

There is a certain fellow, who has put forth the account of 1 Kings and compared it with 2 Chronicles, and said that based on his understanding of the original languages, there is no difference between “built” and “builded”, but the fact is that the grammar in both verses is different when comparing them.

We find in the Bible that using two different parallel references only then is a fuller sense known of what a person said. There is a design for this, which is to show that by more than one place, complementary information may be discovered.

EXAMPLE ONE

1Ki 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

2Ch 6:18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!

EXAMPLE TWO

1Ki 8:43 Hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy name, to fear thee, as do thy people Israel; and that they may know that this house, which I have builded, is called by thy name.

2Ch 6:33 Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy people Israel, and may know that this house which I have built is called by thy name.
Site Admin

Return to King James Bible